South Canterbury Sun Club History
Our Club was formed in 1971, and since then we have had several grounds in the greater South Canterbury area.
In 1990 we entered into a management agreement with the Department of Conservation for the historical Tripp Settlement Reserve, which dates back to 1895, and have made this our base ever since.
We have made considerable progress into transforming the reserve from its original use as the local school into the facilities necessary for our Clubs use. Our progress has only been possible by the generosity and dedication of our long serving membership, both past and present. Hopefully further improvements will continue with the same support and dedication of current and new members.
Membership of the Club totals between 50 and 55 people of mainly mature couples. They are drawn from all walks of life and are predominately from the greater South Canterbury region alhough some come from as far a field as Christchurch, Oamaru, Hakataramea, and Dunedin.
The Club always welcomes new members, particularly families and couples.